- Backorder!ADD TO CART
Wicked Edge Field and Sport Knife Sharpening KitList Price: $299.00List Price: $299.00 $299.00 You save 0%Quick View
- ADD TO CART
Medium 400 Grit / Fine 600 Grit Stones for Curved BladesList Price: $120.00List Price: $120.00 $120.00 You save 0%Quick View
- ADD TO CART
FOX Karambit Knife Replacement ClipList Price: $5.95List Price: $5.95 $5.95 You save 0%Quick View
Showing all 3 results
Best Self Defense Pocket Knife Accessories for Sale at Low Prices
The element of surprise is what can give you the upper hand when confronted by an assailant, especially for women. For this, you need a good self-defense weapon like Tactical Pocket Knives or daggers and the best knife accessories that you can find.
Knives are effective on their own. Whether you use them for hunting, self defense or to perform everyday household repair chores, they are as dependable as they will ever be. To give these knives an upgrade, you can get the best self defense pocket knives accessories for sale at The Ultimate Knife.
Get the Best Pocket Knife Accessories Today!
At The Ultimate Knife, we have all kinds of pocket knife accessories for sale at low prices that you can use to protect yourself and the people you love. We have pocket knife nylon sheaths and accessories used for sharpening or cleaning, to keep your knives protected and in good condition.
How do you keep your pocket knife in good working condition?
Owning a pocket knife means having certain responsibilities. The most important responsibility is to learn how to properly use your knife with safety as your No. 1 priority. While the Karambit knife is a very sturdy and robust knife, it still needs protecting and maintaining to keep it in good condition.
With the Best Pocket Knife Accessories, your pocket knife will last a lifetime and will always deliver with great precision when used.
To start, you need a good knife sharpener to keep your Karambit blade razor sharp and ready for use at all times!
Different Types of Pocket Knife Sharpener
Constant use of your self defense knife will eventually cause its blade to be dull. Therefore, you need to sharpen it as frequently as necessary!
There are different types of pocket knife sharpeners you can use to effectively keep your Karambit pocket knives sharp.
These are more commonly known as wet stones. They are the most popular way to sharpen any kind of knife and other steel products like scissors, razors, and large blades. Usually, they are rectangular blocks of stones, an inch thick and made of natural sharpening stones, ceramics or diamond.
There are three types of sharpening stones:
- Oil stones – These are natural Novaculite stones, quarried, and processed in Arkansas. These stones are categorized based on their density and the finish they produce on the stones.
- Water stones – This type of stone can be natural or synthetic. They are made of Aluminum Oxide. It is fast cutting and uses water instead of oil to remove the metal filing from the stone.
- Diamond stones – These stones contain small diamonds which are attached to a metal plate. But the diamond stones are not equally created so they do not perform in the same way. It is fast cutting but expensive.
It is rather inaccurate to call them sharpening steels because they only hone knives. They cannot sharpen dull knives. Sharpening steels are designed to lessen contact with the blade. Thus, they do not shave off much of the material of the blade. Their function is only to realign the blade to its original shape.
Knife hones have the same function as sharpening steels. They come in different sizes and designs. Some have slots that can hone and polish, while others are small stones that you can run up and down the blade.
Electric Knife Sharpeners
These type of knife sharpeners are electrically-operated. The knife is placed in a slot. Inside the sharpener is a motorized wheel that spins as it sharpens the knife. It is very convenient and speedy but you cannot control the sharpening process. It is also bulky to carry around. These types of sharpeners are effective for kitchen knives than for survival or self defense knives.
How to Sharpen your Pocket Knife
- Select the coarseness of your sharpening stone that is proper for your pocket knife. This is a very important step because not all knives need to start at the same coarse stone. Some may need the coarsest stones while others can be sharpened by the finest ones. A coarse stone can remove a material faster out of a dull knife, but you have to follow it up with a finer stone to refine the edge. A slightly dull knife needs only a fine stone.
- Select the right sharpening angle. The recommended angle is more or less 20 degrees depending on the use of your knife. If yours is a survival knife, you can increase the degree of the angle.
- Lubricate the sharpening stone. You can either apply oil or water to the stone. The kind of lubricant you apply depends on the type of stone you are using. This is to prevent metal filing from shooting all over the place.
- Start sharpening your knife. If you start with the coarsest stone, gradually progress towards finer stones until you are satisfied with the sharpness of your knife. Rest your knife at the angle you have chosen.
- Using a slicing movement, bring the length of your knife down the stone. Start with the heel of the knife moving towards the point of the knife. Your motion should be likened to a sweeping arc pattern all across the stone. See to it that you maintain the angle you have chosen.
Repeat the whole process on the other side of the knife. Continue the process until you have sharpened your knife through all the different stone grits and until you are satisfied with its sharpness.
Tips for Self Defense Pocket Knife Care
If you want your self defense pocket knife to last a lifetime, it is necessary to take care of it. Do not expose your pocket knife to rust, breakage or dullness. A dull knife cannot produce excellent results when accomplishing utility tasks and are not dependable during life-threatening situations.
Moreover, it is a lot more dangerous to work with a dull knife than a sharp one, especially in the kitchen. With the best pocket knife items and sharpening tools, maintain a sharp and polished Karambit pocket knife!
#1 Keep it clean.
Always make sure that your pocket knife is free from dirt and debris after you use it. Use a knife cleaning liquid or any dishwashing soap to remove dirt. Wash thoroughly and wipe it dry carefully. You can use a toothpick to clean the small crevices.
Never let your knife sit in soapy water for an extended period of time. It is best to wash out soap residue by placing your knife under the faucet. Water and soap affect the materials on the knife and may cause rust or corrosion. Make sure to wipe your pocket knife with a clean cloth after using it stays in top condition.
#2 Lubricate your pocket knife
Factory-made pocket knives are already lubricated. Give them enough time for the oil on it to wear off before you start getting anxious that your folding pocket knife is not opening as smoothly as it used to when you first used it.
It is good to apply a few light drops of lubricant on the pivot of a folding pocket knife and coat lightly the blade to prevent rust and corrosion. There are plenty of quality lubricants in the market that you can buy for your knife.
#3 Always keep your pocket knife sharp
Knife maintenance means keeping the blade of your pocket knife sharp all the time. A sharpened knife is always ready to rock and roll. Do not wait until it becomes dull. If this happens, sharpening your dull Karambit pocket knife will be more time-consuming and tedious.
Best Self Defense Weapons at the Ultimate Knife
Check out The Ultimate Knife collection now! We have the best self defense pocket knife items and weapons for sale at low prices. These knives are exclusively sold at our store!
Get the best Karambit knives and Karambit pocket knife accessories now! Enjoy great discounts on our selection of Karambits, pocket knives, and a wide variety of pocket knife accessories. Hurry and grab your knives and knife accessories from the No. 1 one-stop shop for everything knife!