- InfoADD TO CART
Wicked Edge Field and Sport Knife Sharpening KitList Price: $299.00List Price: $299.00 $299.00 You save 0%Quick View
- InfoADD TO CART
Medium 400 Grit / Fine 600 Grit Stones for Curved BladesList Price: $120.00List Price: $120.00 $120.00 You save 0%Quick View
Showing all 2 results
Best Pocket Knife Sharpener for your Karambit Knife—for Sale!
Most people who love the outdoors would not be caught dead without a Karambit knife on hand. Besides using it for self-protection and self-defense, a Karambit knife is an all-around everyday carry tool that does the job perfectly. But with everyday use, this Knife could be exposed to chores that can make its blade dull. To keep its features ever reliable, you need to have the best knife sharpener which you can get at The Ultimate Knife.
Here at The Ultimate Knife, we have everything to help keep your pocket knife razor sharp all the time. We have all types of knife sharpeners, from first-class sharpening kits to sharpening grit stones, that can make your knife investment last for a very long time.
How to Choose your Combat Knife Sharpener
Buying the best combat knife sharpener together with your purchase of a Karambit knife or any other utility blade is a smart decision. Choosing which one to use would depend on your budget and your knife-sharpening skills. Different combat knife users apply different sharpening techniques. These techniques determine which is the best combat knife sharpener for you.
Sharpening a curved knife is as easy as sharpening a straight edge. With little skill and constant practice, you can master sharpening your combat knife in no time.
Sharpening on Water Stones with your Hands
Sharpening your knife with water stones is a meticulous task that would call for dedication. As the name implies, water stones used water as a lubricant instead of oil. Prior to use, the stones are typically submerged in water for 15 minutes. This is done not only to get achieve lubrication but also to keep metal fragments from blocking the main sharpening area.
Water stones are highly efficient in sharpening Karambit knives. These give your tools a very polished edge. Japanese knife and sword makers have been using this sharpening tool for centuries.
Other advantages of the water stones are:
- They deliver a fast cutting action that will give you a feeling of satisfaction.
- There is an array of grits available in the market today.
- Unlike oil and diamond stones, the fine grit of the water stone will leave your Karambit knife with a sharp, polished edge.
- Water stones are very efficient sharpening tools and are very affordable.
Using Sharpening Systems
A Sharpening System is a complete solution for your sharpening problems. It makes sharpening faster, easier, and more precise. Your combat knife can be as sharp as a razor, just like the day you bought it.
You do not have to worry about maintaining the angle, as long as you carefully follow the instructions. It works even with difficult-to-sharpen knives with edges that are distorted from improper or constant use. It allows you to follow the curve of the edge and gets into hard to reach parts of the knife.
In choosing the best knife sharpener for your combat Karambit knife, you do not have to rely solely on the benefits. You need to consider comfort as well.
The Best Karambit Knife Sharpener
Work Shop Combo Knife Sharpener is probably the best Karambit knife sharpener in the market. It is a complete solution for sharpening your outdoor knives, pocket knives, and even kitchen knives; it is a bench top sharpener. You can place it on a workbench or any flat and firm surface.
The Work Shop has combined the technologies of manual sharpening and power sharpening. It has created a sharpening system that is fast, easy to use, and very effective. This sharpening system uses a flexible abrasive belt that produces the most superior cutting edge for curved knives. It is able to cut better and stay sharp for a longer period of time. The abrasive belt sharpens all types of blade steel without overheating them.
You do not have to be concerned about proper angle because the Work Shop Combo Knife sharpener has precise 25-degree angle guides for both sharpening and honing processes. It can even sharpen serrated knives that are difficult to maintain.
This is a single, easy-to-use, and straightforward Pocket Knife Sharpener that all knife owners should have. It can sharpen any type of knife of any function or use. It is very light and convenient to carry so you can bring it with you for your outdoor activities or adventure.
How to Sharpen Your Combat Knife
The key to a well-maintained combat knife is learning how to sharpen it. You must know at which angle you will hold your knife against the sharpening tool. This defines the sharpness of the blade. The recommended angle, however, is 22 degrees. But when you are in the wilderness or need to urgently have a sharp knife with you, getting precise with the angle may not be your priority.
Just like a knife, be it a Karambit blade or a kitchen cleaver, constant practice can increase your skills at knife sharpening. If you like a sharper blade, you can use a smaller angle. However, sharper blades lose their edge faster.
Combat knives are built to last. But to keep your combat knife ready for your next action, here is a step-by-step procedure that is meant to make you a professional knife sharpener anywhere you go. If you follow these steps, your combat knife will always be ready for its next adventure.
1. To prepare your knife. Carefully wipe off any dirt, grease or dust with a dry cloth. If some stubborn debris is hard to wipe off, soak it in warm water and liquid soap. Dry the knife thoroughly using another clean cloth.
2. Place your combat knife sharpener on a workbench or any flat and firm surface. If you are using a combination of sharpening stones, have them ready beside you. Place the coarse stone on the bench or on any flat and firm surface. Apply one or two drops of oil on the blade. Now begin at the hilt of the knife, moving towards the end point of the blade.
For your safety, see to it that you stroke the blade away from you. It will protect you from being hurt should the blade slip or catches on the stone. Work the blade along the full length of the sharpening stone while maintaining the angle. If you keep the knife flat to the stone, you can be sure you are sharpening the blade but not shortening it.
3. Now do Step 2 again, this time using the finer stone. When you move from coarse stone to fine stone, you are grinding the knife into smaller increments. You are finely grinding your dull combat knife into a razor-sharp self-defense weapon.
4. Check your blade if it has the sharpness you desire by shaving a piece of paper. If the blade cuts through the paper without effort, snag or stopping, your combat knife is now sharp and ready to use.
5. Clean your sharpened combat knife with a piece of leather to remove any residue of the sharpening oil and other debris from the sharpening process. Stroke the full length of the blade on the leather. Cleaning the knife on a leather prolongs the sharpness of the blade and lengthens the time for the next sharpening.
Find The Best Pocket Knife Sharpener for your Karambit Knife at The Ultimate Knife!
Check out our collection now! The best pocket knife sharpeners for your Karambit are now for sale at very low prices! Our sale is for a limited time only or while stocks last.
Now, you will no longer be confused as to which sharpener to use for your Karambit knife. We have everything to help you keep your pocket knife sharp all the time.
We carry a great selection of knife sharpeners you need from first-class sharpening systems to small sharpening stones. We have the best knives sharpener for sale. Purchase your pocket knife sharpener now at prices that fit your budget!